Don’t Make The Mistake So Many Others Make!

Unfortunately, looking to the internet to get handy tips and tricks may lead you down the wrong path. It can very easily lead you to waste time and money or even cause you to give up in frustration.

I cannot tell you how many websites I have found giving inaccurate or outright destructive information. It is incredible how many people sand their floor once, then write a “How-To,” claiming to be a guru.

While their before and after photos look terrible.
Being a floor sanding professional can easily lead you to believe that floor sanding shouldn’t be undertaken by amateurs. And believe me, most professional floor refinishers are not shy in saying it! But they really do believe that, and so did I.
I have seen floors sanded by amateurs many, many times. Let me tell you, I have seen some horrific work.
Just over 2 years ago, I had a friend that wanted to sand his own floors. He was a long distance from me so, lending a hand was out of the question. I spoke with him for no more than 30 mins on the phone, I told him what machines to hire, what to look for while doing the job and methods of using the tools.
A week later he sent me photographs of his floor and I was shocked!
I never had any faith that amateurs could do a good job, but what I eventually found, is that after giving people advice on the task of floor sanding, for a mere 30 minutes, gave them
ALL THE INFORMATION NEEDED…
…to do an absolutely fantastic job, by anyone's standards.
You can quite easily tell the difference between those who were in-the-know and those who weren’t. Unfortunately you can only tell this after the fact.
Just that slight boost in knowledge, can lead to dramatic differences in the quality of the finish.
You see, re-sanding and refinishing isn’t just about improving the floor. It’s about changing one’s entire house, an ascension on the family lifestyle ladder.
As home improvements go, refinished floors make that big impact like nothing else. They’re unparalleled as an upgrade. 

Hiring A Pro May Guarantee You A Good Finish!

Comments